TEXT: 2 Sam. 5:7; Psa. 48:1- 2;
76:2; II0; 102:13; 132:13-14; Heb. 12:22-24
1. “ZION” = “Tsiyown (tsee-yone')” = Strong’s # 6726 and
6725 = “conspicuousness; a monument, sign post, column, landmark, or a
2. There are TWO dominant themes associated with ZION in both
Testaments - NATURAL/POLITICAL & SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS:
a. ZION IS the City of King David, the NATURAL CAPITAL CITY and the
SPIRITUAL GOVERNING CITY of
the nation - the
FIRST BORN/PRIEST/KING principle.
b. ZION IS/was the City of the TABERNACLE of David, the SACRED CITY, the
RELIGIOUS CAPITAL of the nation-the
3. In ZION, King David (Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA) ruled over the people of YHWH. The GOVERNMENT
of YHWH was revealed in the Kingdom of David. It was also here in ZION that
led the nation in the order of
WORSHIP and MINISTRY in his Tabernacle
(the transplanting of the MOST HOLY OF HOLIES PLACE with its ARK unto the top
of David’s “holy hill” ).
NOTE: Thus, ZION is connected to the PRIESTHOOD after the order (manner,
MELCHISEDEC (Heb. 5:1-8:6) -
the KING - PRIEST
ministry of the
resurrected ascended Moshiach.
This is the MORE EXCELLENT MINISTRY (Heb. 8:6), and the
ROYAL PRIESTHOOD (1 Pet. 2:9). This ministry flows from out of the FINISHED
WORK of King Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA from within THE MOST HOLY OF HOLIES PLACE/SPIRIT.
ZION was the final
STRONGHOLD for David and his army the “last enemy” of the called out Assembly, David’s
SEED, is DEATH TO SELF. 1 Cor. 15:26) DEATH TO SELF - PSUCHE - SOUL, i.e. BELIEVING
UNTO THE Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA/SALVATION
OF THE SOUL.
first born- priest -King
Hebrews 10:39, James 5:20.
4. The term “ZION” is used TWO ways:
a. To designate the called out Assembly as a WHOLE NATION/BOTH HOUSES (Heb. 12:22).
b. To designate the CORPORATE OVERCOMER, HIM that overcomes (Rev. 2-3) within
the Assembly; Thus ZION constitutes the HIGHEST ORDER, the HIGH CALLING - those
who are destined to RULE and REIGN with Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA from within the rent Vail- a
MOST HOLY OF HOLIES PLACE
ZION IS A PLACE = THE HIGH CALLING (Phil. 3:12-14 with 1 Cor. 1:24)
PRINCIPLE: The Hebrew word for “CALLING” = “to call out to (loudly);
PRINCIPLE: The Greek word for “CALLING” = “klesis” (Strong’s #2821) = “an
invitation (to a feast);” taken from “kaleo” (to call aloud; to call by name);
and “keleuo” (to hail or incite by word; command or order; and the primary
“kello” (to urge on). The INWARD URGENCY of the Kingdom is the very VOICE of
the King from WITHIN! See Rom. 11:29; 1 Cor. 1:26; 7:20; Eph. 1:18; 4:1,4; 2
Thess. 1:11; 2 Tim. 1:9; Heb. 3:1; and 2 Pet. 1:10.
THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE HIGH CALLING OF ZION
= THE PLACE.
1. Zion is the place to which the nations shall come (Isa. 2:3).
2. Zion is
the place of YHWH's presence and glory (Isa. 4:5).
3. Zion is the place of
signs and wonders (Isa. 8:18).
4. Zion is the place of
YHWH ’s greatness (Isa.
5. Zion is the place of the sure foundation (Isa. 28:16).
6. Zion is
the place of answered prayer (Isa. 30:18).
7. Zion is the place of the fiery
furnace (Isa. 31:9).
8. Zion is the place of justice and righteousness (Isa.
9. Zion is the place of peace, safety, and stability (Is. 33:20).
Zion is the place of joy and gladness (Isa. 35:10).
11. Zion is the place of
the righteous remnant (Isa. 37:32).
12. Zion is the place of fearlessness (Isa.
13. Zion is the place of salvation and deliverance (Isa. 46:13).
Zion is the place of comfort and restoration (Isa. 51:3).
15. Zion is the
place of the beauty of holiness (Isa. 52:1).
16. Zion is the place of the Good
News (Isa. 52:7).
17. Zion is the place of unity and agreement (Isa. 52:8).
18. Zion is the place of redemption (Isa. 59:20).
19. Zion is the place of the
L-rd’s recompense (Isa. 60:14).
20. Zion is the place of praise (Isa.
Zion is the Habitation of the Shilohs'. (GEN. 49: II eleven).
Zion is the place of the birthing of the
Manchild (Isa. 66:8).