I. INSUFFICIENT KNOWLEDGE -- Hoshea (Hosea) 4:6
A. You Cannot have faith beyond your knowledge of YHWH ’s Word.
1. Romans 10:17
2. You must know what YHWH offers before you can accept it.
B. Insufficient knowledge of the word produces unbelief concerning the willingness of YHWH .
1. It is not enough to know that YHWH is able.
2. Theology reveals and magnifies YHWH’s ability. The Word reveals and magnifies YHWH’s willingness to use His power and ability.
3. Mattityahu (Matthew) 8:1-3
a. Promise is an unveiling of ones will.
b. Webster: to give a basis for expecting.
II. HEALING POWER MAY BE VOIDED BY TRADITION AND UNBELIEF -- MARK 6:1-6
A. Two kinds of unbelief
1. Lack of Knowledge
2. Refusal to accept knowledge
B. Mark 7:13, Making the word of YHWH of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
III. TRADITIONS THAT HINDER THE RECEIVING
A. YHWH is not the author of disease.
1. B'reishith (Genesis) 1:31 (In everything of creation, YHWH has branded it, very good. There YHWH put everything His will wanted mankind to enjoy. No where do we find reference to sickness or disease. This came AFTER sin and death entered the earth.)
2. If disease is of YHWH , then Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA came in opposition to the will of YHWH .
a. Acts 10:38
b. 1 Yochanan (1 John) 3:8
3. If disease is of YHWH , and the will of YHWH for His children, then every physician is a law-breaker, every trained nurse is defying the Almighty, and every hospital is a house of rebellion instead of a house of mercy.
4. If sickness is the will of YHWH , then Heaven will have more sick people than any other place because All of YHWH’s will is carried out in Heaven.
B. We should pray, if it be Thy will.
1. Mark 1:40-42
a. This man prayed this, but it was when the will of YHWH was known that he had faith to be healed.
b. If a person cannot individually determine YHWH ’s will through YHWH ’s Word, then they would need a special revelation.
1) Yochanan (John) 3:16 (How can we be sure of Salvation?)
c. YHWH s Word is an unveiling of his will.
1) Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 55:6-11
2. The Episcopal Church in their commission appointed to study Divine Healing stated: The healing of Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA was done as a revelation of YHWH ’s will for man. No longer can the church pray for the sick with that FAITH DESTROYING PHRASE... if it be Thy will.
C. It might not ALWAYS be YHWH ’s will to heal.
1. Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA came to this earth as the entire expression of the law, life and will of YHWH .
a. Messianic Jews (Hebrews) 1:1,2
b. Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA demonstrated forever by His Words and actions what the mind of the Father was.
1) Yochanan (John) 4:34
2) Yochanan (John) 5:30
3) Yochanan (John) 6:38
4) Yochanan (John) 8:28,29 (Amp)
5) Yochanan (John) 17:4
6) Yochanan (John) 14:8-10
c. Whatever you find Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA doing or saying, you can know that this is YHWH ’s desire in that situation.
2. Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUAs ministry was a healing ministry.
a. Mattityahu (Matthew) 4:23-25
b. Mattityahu (Matthew) 9:35-10:1
c. Mattityahu (Matthew) 12:15
d. Mattityahu (Matthew) 14:14, 34-36
e. Mattityahu (Matthew) 15:30, 31
f. Luke 4:40
g. Luke 6:17-19
h. NOT ONE TIME did Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA ever turn anyone away because it wasnt YHWH ’s will to heal them.
1) Yochanan (John) 8:28,29 (Amp), So Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA ) added, When you have lifted up the son of man [on the cross], you will realize (know, understand) that I am He [for whom you look]; and that I do nothing from Myself - of My own accord, or on My own authority - but I say (exactly) what My Father has taught Me. And He Who sent Me is ever with Me; My Father has not left Me alone, for I always do what pleases Him.
i. There was only ONE thing that kept people from receiving their healing - unbelief.
1) Mattityahu (Matthew) 13:58
2) Mark 6:5,6 (Amp)
3. Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUAs redemptive work included redemption from sickness and disease.
a. Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 53:4-5; Mattityahu (Matthew) 8:16-17
1) Youngs literal: Surely our sicknesses He hath borne, And our pains - He hath carried them.
2) Isaac Lesser: But only our diseases did He bear Himself and our pains He carried.
3) Amplified: Surely He has borne our griefs - sickness, weakness and distress - and carried our sorrows and pain (of punishment).
b. Our basis for faith in redemption from sickness as well as sin is based on the revelation of YHWH ’s Word.
1) If it is not YHWH ’s will to heal all, then no man can ascertain the will of YHWH for Himself personally by the word of YHWH in any area; he would need a special revelation.
D. Paul had a thorn in the flesh.
1. II Corinthians 12:7-10
a. The major misconception is that Paul had a sickness given to him by YHWH , that YHWH would not deliver him of, to keep him humble.
b. bad eyes the result of: Acts 9:1-9
2 Important things to know about Pauls thorn
a. Nowhere in this is sickness or disease mentioned.
1) verse 10 -- infirmities: weaknesses
b. Nowhere in the Bible is thorn in the flesh referring to sickness.
1) Number 33:54,55 (personalities)
2) Yechezkel (Ezekiel) 28:24 (personalities)
3) ...a messenger of Satan (angelos)
c. It does not say, G-d give it to him.
1) Mark 4:14
2) Satan came to steal the revelation knowledge Paul had received.
a) verse 7, ...abundance of the revelations
b) Think what the effect would be if Satan had stopped Paul.
3) If YHWH is going to put sickness on us the more we know, instead of encouraging us to study, then it would discourage us to.
a) Colossians 1:9,10 (Amp)
4) If this is how YHWH operates, then where was Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUAs thorn?
d. What was it that this evil spirit did?
1) Buffet: to give blow after blow.
a) Rotherham, ...that he might be buffeting me.
2) If it was sickness, then it would have to be one sickness after another.
e. YHWH did not say No when he asked for deliverance.
1) verses 8,9
2) GRACE through FAITH is the key to ALL salvation (SOZO)
a) Ephesians 2:8
3) Paul was responsible to walk in the revelation knowledge he had.
a) verse 9 (Philippians 4:13 -- Amplified)
b) YHWH is saying, Paul, practice what you preach; you resist him.
4) If Paul wanted to be weak just so the power of YHWH would come on him, when the power comes, strength and healing comes, so Paul would have to get weak again.
a) Ephesians 6:10-18
E. My sickness may be to YHWH s glory.
glory: 1. great honor; fame. 2. anything bringing this. 3. heavenly bliss
1. This has been one of the greatest hindrances to people receiving their healing. But a careful study of YHWH ’s Word reveals what gives YHWH glory and what does not.
a. Mattityahu (Matthew) 9:1-8
b. Mattityahu (Matthew) 15:30,31
c. Luke 17:11-19
d. Luke 18:35-43
1) three points about this man:
a) It was the blind mans faith by which Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA performed His mighty work.
b) The blind man glorified YHWH AFTER his healing.
c) All the people who saw it gave glory to YHWH AFTER the healing.
2. Scripture that seems to contradict this.
a. Yochanan (John) 9:1-7
(1) Notice that they did not ask if G-d made him blind.
2) Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA is not saying that he is blind just so I can get to heal him.
3) Yochanan (John) 9:1-7 (Lamsa) And as He passed by He saw a man who was blind from His mothers womb. And His disciples asked Him, saying, Teacher, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA said to them, Neither did he sin nor his parents. But that the works of YHWH might be seen in him, I must do the works of Him who sent me, while it is day; the night comes when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. When He said these words, He spat on the ground, and mixed clay with His saliva, and He placed it on the eyes of the blind man. Then He said to him, Go and wash in the baptismal pool of Siloam. He went and washed, and he came seeing.
a) The work of YHWH was manifested when healing came, not while he was enduring it.
b) Notice Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUAs statement in verse 5. He was the light, revelation of the Father. (Yochanan (John) 8:28,29 -- Amplified)
4) Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA COULD NOT refuse healing. For Him to do that, He would have to deny Himself for what and who He was. (Shmot (Exodus) 15:26, ...for I am the L-rd that healeth thee. YHWH RAPHA)
a) II Timothy 2:13
b) Messianic Jews (Hebrews) 13:8 -- For Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA to refuse it today, He would have to do the same thing.
c) (F.F. Bosworth - Christ the Healer)
If it is true, as many are taught, that one can glorify YHWH more by remaining sick than by being healed, then Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA did not hesitate to rob His Father of all the glory He possibly could by healing EVERYONE that appealed to Him for help during His entire earthly ministry. And His successor, the Holy Spirit, who was sent down to augment what Mashiach had begun to do and to teach, hesitated not to rob YHWH of all the glory He could by healing everyone in the streets of Jerusalem, and Paul did not hesitate to rob YHWH of all the glory he could by healing all the other sick on the Island of Melita.
3. For YHWH to require someone to live under sickness, He would have to:
a. He would have to deny a persons right to a part of redemption.
1) Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 53
2) 1 Kefa (I Peter) 2:24
b. He would have to acknowledge that He is not faithful to His Word. Dvarim (Deuteronomy) 7:9, Know therefore that YHWH thy YHWH, He is YHWH, the faithful YHWH , which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations.
c. That no one can totally depend on any part of salvation.
1) If YHWH can deny one part due to the sovereignty of His will, then who is to say that He cannot deny another part. If it is not YHWH ’s will to heal everyone, it might not be His will to save everyone.
Sickness is a curse. It holds people in bondage. Those who are sick, and those who have to care for them. It robs you of money, efficiency and keeps you its slave. YHWH only gets glory when sickness must bow its knee to the L-rdship of Malki Tzedik YEHOWSHUA.