I. Tehillim (Psalm) 11:1
A. Satan knows the Word
B. Satan comes to steal the Word -- Yochanan (John) 10 (Porter)
C. Three (3) areas Satan steals, kills and destroys in;
D. Apostolic Order
-- I Corinthians 11 (Covering -
1. Ephesians 5
a. Four (4) commands for wives (Ephesians 5:22) Cp. Colossians 3:18
1) Submit to husbands as to Mashiach (v. 22)
2) Recognize headship of husbands (v.23)
3) Be subject to husbands (v. 24)
4) Reverence husbands (v. 33)
b. Eight (8) commands for husbands (Ephesians 5:23) Cp. Colossians 3:19
1) Be head of the wife (v. 23)
(2) Love wives as Mashiachloves the assembly (v. 25)
3) Love wives as own bodies (v. 28,33)
4) Nourish (Gr. ektrepho, bring up, care for, protect, v. 29; 6:4; Revelation 12:6)
5) Cherish (Gr. thalpo, to foster, warm in ones bosom, v. 29; I Thesalonians 2:7)
6) Be joined as one flesh (v. 30-31)
7) Leave parents for wives (v. 31)
to wives (v. 31; Mattityahu
c. Sixteen (16) facts: Mashiach and assembly (5:25)
1) Mashiach is head of the assembly (v. 23)
2) Mashiach is the Saviour of it (v. 23)
3) The assembly must be subject to Mashiach
4) Mashiach gave Himself for it (v.25)
5) Mashiach sanctifies the assembly by the washing of the water by the Word (v.26)
6) Mashiach cleanses the assembly by the washing of the water by the Word (v. 26)
7) Mashiach will receive the assembly to Himself (v. 27; Yochanan (John) 14:1-3; I Thessalonians 4:16; I Corinthians 15:23, 51-58; Colossians 3:4)
8) Mashiach is making the assembly glorious (v.27; I Corinthians 6:11; II Corinthians 3:18)
9) Mashiach is making it spotless (v. 27)
10) Mashiach is making it perfect (v. 27)
11) Mashiach is making it holy (v. 27)
12) Mashiach is making it faultless (v. 27)
13) Mashiach nourishes it (cares for, brings up, protects it; v. 29)
14) Mashiach cherishes the church (fosters, warms in His bosom; v. 29)
15) The assembly is part of Mashiach (v. 30-32; I Corinthians 12:12-13, 27)
16) The assembly is one with Mashiach (v. 30-32; I Corinthians 6:17; Romans 12:4-5)
Note: Malki Tzedik Yahusha HaMashiach is the Head, Saviour, Sanctifier, Purifier, Glorifier, Builder, Nourisher, Cherisher, Unifier, Protector, and the Receiver of the Assembly.(v. 23-33)
a) Head - Top, front or upper part or position:a manager or director.
b) Saviour - One who saves or delivers.
c) Sanctifier - To make pure and holy by freeing from all desires that turn one from YHWH .
d) Purifier - To free from impurities or defilement: to free from guilt or moral blemish: to free from that which corrupts.
e) Glorifier - To raise to glory: to adore: to shed radiance or splendor on.
f) Builder - To produce or create gradually by effort
g) Nourisher - To supply with food; feed, maintain, support.
h) Cherisher - To treat tenderly and affectionately, hence to take good care of.
i) Unifier - To cause to be one: to make into a unit.
j) Protector - Defender, guardian.
k) Receiver - One who takes in or accepts.
2. Submission -- attitude of submission
a. Romans 13:1-7
b. Yaakov (James) 4:6-8
3. Obedience -- act
a. 1 Kefa (I Peter) 3:1-13
b. Hebrews 13
You only have authority if you are under authority.
II. WHERE MEN/WOMEN FAIL IN MARRIAGE
A. Selfishness (lust) satisfying self at the expense of others.
1. Priorities: YHWH, spouse, family, ministry/business
2. Timing: wanting things only when you want them
B. Domineering Tendencies
1. Money is the first place it shows up.
Marriage is a partnership
2. Spiritual responsibilities
C. Double Standard
III. DESIRABLE CHARACTERISTICS
IV. THREE Cs FOR A CONTENTED HOME
A. Confess -- 1 Yochanan (1 John) 1:9
1. Mattityahu (Matthew) 5:44 -- He demands we love our enemies; we ought certainly to love our spouse.
2. BE HONEST
B. Commit -- TO STAY married, you must be committed.
The greatest commitment is to YHWH who IS LOVE.
1. Talk and listen -- especially men.
2. DO the little things.